The Harley-Davidson-backed e-bike company takes the next step towards becoming a full-line e-bike manufacturer with an eMTB.
Serial 1 launched the special edition, knobby-tired BASH/MTN bike just a few weeks ago. That bike— limited to just 1,050 units— was based on the Harley-Davidson inspired MOSH/CTY frame, and was a solid forked, hardtail “mountain bike” of a type not seen since the 1980s.
This new one? It’s different.
Ford starters, it’s built around what seems to be a beefed-up version of the more expensive RUSH/CTY SPEED aluminum frame. Unlike the BASH/MTN, the new SWITCH/MTN has front fork suspension in addition to a shock-absorbing seat post, for more off-road capability than you might expect from the more urban-focused BASH.
Serial 1 says that its new eMTB is, “extremely off-road capable,” and, “designed for active adventurers who want a versatile and fun way to explore the backcountry.”
Backing up those claims are the previously-mentioned SR Suntour’s premier ZERON35BOOST AIR fully adjustable suspension fork TranzX dropper seat, as well as grippy, high-volume Michelin E-Wild knobby tires for excellent all-surface traction. Drivetrain components come from SRAM’s SX Eagle line-up, including a 1×12 gearing combination controlled with E-bike-specific trigger shifters, while braking is handled by a set of TRP Slate T4hydraulic disc brakes with powerful, four-piston calipers designed for fade-free performance, even on very long, fast descents.
Four specially tailored ride modes and a “walk assist” mode, along with a maintenance-free Gates belt drive, ensure that riders of all levels will be able to get the most out of their new Serial 1 eMTB.
Serial 1 SWITCH/MTN Gallery | Specs
- Frame: Hydroformed aluminum, welded construction, internal routing
- Fork: SR Suntour ZERON35 BOOST AIR suspension fork
- Motor Type: Brose S Mag, mid-drive mounting
- Torque: 90Nm/66 ft. lb.
- Battery: 529Wh, integrated, removable
- Range: 30-95 miles/48-153 km – Depends on mode and terrain
- Charge Time: 0-75% charge = 2.6hrs, 75-100% charge= 2.1hrs
- Maximum Assistance Speed: 20 mph (US)/ 25 km/h (EU)/ 32 km/h (CAN)
- Drivetrain: SRAM SX Eagle 1×12
- Final Drive: Chain, 11-50 cassette
- Brakes: TRP hydraulic four-piston disc brakes front and rear, 203mm x 2.3mm rotors
- Wheels:27.5 x 35mm alloy rims and Sapim stainless steel spokes
- Tires: Michelin E-Wild E-GUM-X 27.5 x 2.6-inchFront Light: LED headlight
- Rear Light: Integrated LED taillights with brake light
- Signature Light: Illuminated headtube light
- Connectivity: Available through the Serial 1 App
- Charger: Integrated USB-C plug capable of charging mobile devices (up to 10W, depending upon mobile device)
- Controller: Brose Remote
- Seat Post: TranzX dropper seat post
- Frame Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Weight: 53.0 lb./24.0 kg (Size Large)
- Kickstand: Rear-mounted, adjustable length
- Colors: Wasatch Green/Gloss Orange, Uinta Gray/Gloss White
- MSRP: $4,499
SOURCE | IMAGES: SERIAL 1.