- Chris Trujillo’s 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance build embodies dedication and creativity, pushing automotive customization boundaries.
- He obtained the exclusive Startech body kit and opted for a nostalgic Steel Blue color.
- The project car strengthens the bond with his son, fostering their shared love for cars and customization.
In the vast world of car customization, where passion meets innovation, one individual’s journey stands out as a testament to dedication and creative flair. Chris Trujillo, a seasoned car enthusiast hailing from Mission Viejo, CA, has taken the electric car scene by dominance with his awe-inspiring 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance build. From his humble beginnings with a VTEC-powered Honda Prelude to his current masterpiece, Trujillo’s automotive evolution is a testament to the power of imagination and hard work.
A Tale of Passion and Inspiration
Trujillo’s love affair with cars dates back to 1998 when he acquired a 1992 Honda Prelude. Battling financial constraints, he began on his customization journey with wheels from Rent-A-Wheel, where every paycheck contributed to the weekly payment. Undeterred by limitations, he boldly modified his ride, even resorting to cutting the coils to achieve a lowered look.
Fast forward to his entry into the LA County Sheriff’s department, and Trujillo found himself behind the wheel of a 1999 E36 BMW 323 CI Convertible. Without wasting any time, he transformed the interior, meticulously installing Dynamat on every panel. With his busy life as a husband, father of four, and business owner, building cars became a sanctuary for Trujillo, a way to escape the chaos and immerse himself in his passion.
Building the Tesla Model 3 Performance Masterpiece
Trujillo’s latest build, the 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance, reflects his unwavering commitment to excellence. Inspired by the Euro scene, particularly the Startech (a subsidiary of Brabus) aesthetic, Trujillo set off on a quest to bring a unique touch to the electric car scene. Little did he know that his journey would lead him to the German arm of Startech, securing the only kit available in the United States.
The transformative process began with the installation of the Startech body kit, instantly elevating the car’s appearance to unparalleled heights. The choice of Steel Blue, reminiscent of Trujillo’s 2000 E46 BMW, adds a touch of nostalgia to the design. Every element was carefully chosen, resulting in a harmonious composition that captivates onlookers and leaves a lasting impression.
A Symphony of Customization
Trujillo’s build is a testament to collaboration, with several remarkable individuals and reputable shops lending their expertise to bring his vision to life. RPM Tesla, conveniently located just a mile away from his home, contributed significantly to the project, handling the majority of the modifications. Rad Rides and upcoming collaborations with CEEJ Customs and Cruizen by Design further expanded the horizons of Trujillo’s creation.
Unveiling the Tesla Model 3 Performance Masterpiece
The journey doesn’t end here. Trujillo’s relentless pursuit of perfection continues, with a new transformation scheduled for next month, set to debut at Electrify Showoff in Austin. This upcoming evolution promises to push the boundaries of automotive customization even further, offering an exciting glimpse into Trujillo’s ever-evolving vision.
An Interview with the Mastermind
In a recent interview, Trujillo provided valuable insights into his motivation and the challenges faced during the build:
When asked about his favorite modification, Trujillo enthused, “My favorite mod definitely has to be the Startech body kit. It makes the car look completely unique.”
Reflecting on his prior builds, Trujillo admitted that while they were impressive, this Tesla Model 3 build feels different, stating, “This is my first one that I feel belongs with the ‘big boys.’ My prior builds always started with audio, wheels, springs, and a spoiler.”
Curiosity sparked, we delved further into the origins of his passion. Trujillo explained, “My creative mind is always coming up with ideas. I enjoy seeing unique things, and a stock car is far from unique. I drive a lot, so it makes me feel better knowing I’m in a better-looking car.”
Discussing the challenges faced during the build, Trujillo revealed, “It was hard to keep the car’s style flowing. I think the hood was the hardest thing to find. It was hard to find anything that followed the lines of the front bumper.”
Trujillo’s initial intentions with the build were simple: make it look good. However, a chance encounter with RPM Tesla sparked a new direction for the project. Trujillo remarked, “I had spent about $5,000 before I realized I wanted something totally different and started over.”
When questioned about his brand choices, Trujillo highlighted his affinity for Teslux Innovations in lighting, emphasizing their attention to detail and utilization of the highest quality components.
A Legacy to Cherish
Beyond the dazzling aesthetics and masterful craftsmanship, Trujillo’s build has also paved the way for a profound connection with his 12-year-old son. From washing the car together to making crucial mod decisions, the project has become a means of bonding and nurturing a shared love for automotive culture.
Winning Accolades at Electrify Showoff: Best Stance, 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Adding to the triumph of Trujillo’s Tesla Model 3 build, he recently achieved the prestigious “Best Stance” award at the Electrify Showoff in San Francisco. This recognition solidifies his position among the automotive elite and further establishes his build as a true showstopper.
Chris Trujillo’s journey from a Honda Prelude to his astonishing Tesla Model 3 Performance build is a testament to the power of passion, creativity, and unwavering dedication. His relentless pursuit of excellence has resulted in a captivating masterpiece that stands proudly among the elite. As we eagerly await the unveiling of his next transformation, Trujillo’s story serves as a reminder that the pursuit of one’s passion can lead to remarkable achievements and an enduring legacy.
For more information on Electrify Showoff, visit www.electrifyexpo.com/showoff.
2023 Electrify Expo Schedule
|Long Beach, CA
|San Francisco, CA
|Long Island, NY
- Separate 12v low voltage battery in the trunk to run accessory lights
Wheels & Tires:
- Electric Performance 2-Piece Wheels – 20×10.5 (f), 20×9 (r)
- Polished barrel / Black Chrome ii face
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires – 275/30-20 (f), 245/35-20 (r)
- Brembo 4 piston calipers
- Cquence custom ‘Ruined’ engraved rotors 355mm fronts 335mm rear
Chassis & Suspension:
- AccuAir Ultimate Air Suspension Management Package
- Universal Air struts
- Unplugged Performance Sway Bar
- Mountain Pass Performance camber adjustable front upper control arms
- Mountain Pass Performance rear upper control arms
- Startech front bumper
- Startech rear bumper
- Startech rear spoiler
- Robot Craftsman Crypton full carbon fiber hood
- Robot Craftsman Hacker partial carbon side skirts
- Inozetek Liquid Chrome Silver wrap installed by West Coast Vinyl
- Inozetek Piano Black pillar delete
- Reviver digital license plate
- Hansshow Power Frunk
- Teslux Innovations Plaid Series Matrix headlights
- Startech custom fog lights custom modified by Teslux Innovations
- Teslux Innovations PlaidGlowe RGBW Under Glow Kit
- Alpharex Pro Series Led tail lights red / smoke with sequential turn signals
- RPM Tesla Custom Yoke carbon and black leather steering wheel
- Unplugged Performance Microsuede headliner
- Starlit Auto Starlights
- Lunar Loox custom carbon Accuair Controller mount
- RPM Tesla Carbon seat backs
- RPM Tesla Carbon door caps – 4 door
- RPM Tesla Full carbon replacement dash
- RPM Tesla carbon console
- RPM Tesla carbon armrest
- RPM Tesla screen swivel
Audio & Multimedia:
- Orella Acoustics – 5 pcs. Component Speaker & Tesla Subwoofer Upgrade Kit
Shops & Mechanics:
- RPM Tesla and Rad Rides
PHOTOS: JOSE VALDEZ PHOTO
FTC: We use income-earning auto affiliate links. Learn more.