In this episode of The Electrify News Podcast, Jo is joined by fellow performance enthusiast and notorious Formula Drift guy Jacob Gettins from Pistonhead Productions to talk about automotive purists, EV performance, and the infinite possibilities that exist at the intersection of e-mobility and motorsport.
You can learn more about Jacob’s diesel drift Miata, how firefighters are learning to deal with electrical fires, and maybe ask yourself if horses really can explode. In the meantime, you can listen to episode 218, below, and let us know what you think of what we had to say in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
Cummins Swapped Diesel Miata
Electrify News Podcast
- We talk about Jacob’s Cummins-swapped drift Miata, which you can check out here in this Driving Line feature.
- We talk a bit about the Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb, and the fact that electric cars have dominated that high-altitude race for years.
- If you’re a motorsport enthusiast and you’ve never seen a high-dollar tractor pull rig, you owe it to yourself to check out this video.
- We talk about some of the “gimmicks” used by some racing series to make the show better, the “Mario Kart turbo boost” in Formula E is actually called “Attack Mode,” and you can read more about it at this link.
- We mention Toyota’s “shadow purchase” of Subaru and Mazda through the black label of Mazda Financial. You can check that out here.
- Jacob mentions a no-cut, no-weld bolt-in kit for mounting a Tesla drive unit into a Toyota MR2. Here’s that.
ORIGINAL CONTENT FROM ELECTRIFY NEWS.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. Learn more.