Hyundai showed off the final design of its all-new IONIQ6 “streamliner” electric sedan a few weeks ago, but now? We have all the answers!
In addition to answering questions about battery size, range, and performance from the 320 HP sedan, Hyundai wants to draw focus to the car’s interior, which points to a new direction for the brand’s interior design and underscores the company’s plans to shift the IONIQ brand upmarket.
“IONIQ 6 is designed and engineered to seamlessly enhance our daily lives as space to awaken your potential,” said Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President, Global Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Customer Experience Division, Hyundai Motor Company. “The innovative interior is meticulously thought out as a cocoon-like personal space, enhanced with the latest technologies to create a safe, fun, and stress-free driving experience. The spacious interior, with sustainability and usability at its heart, once again represents a step forward for electric vehicles, in line with the values of our customers.”
Hyundai says it designed the IONIQ 6 interior to serve as a personalized hideaway with Dual Color Ambient Lighting (“mood lighting,” in other words) that allows a driver to customize the vibe with 64 selectable colors and six pre-selected “themes” that adjust for brightness based on the car’s speed.
The official press release also says that, “The optional Relaxation Comfort Seats in the first row promote leisure by simply adjusting the seat angle,” which — apparently “reclining seats” are getting spin now. Which, good for them.
Production is set to begin later this year, with US deliveries beginning early 2023. Official pricing has not yet been announced.
You can check out the bullet-point version of the Hyundai press release, along with a new promo video highlighting some of the new interior features, below, then let us know what you think of the IONIQ6’s spec sheet in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
IONIQ6 Digital World Premier
- Hyundai Motor’s next all-electric vehicle engineered to be a special place to be in
- 77.4-kWh battery is mated to an aerodynamically sculpted silhouette to provide
- WLTP-estimated over 610 km (379 miles) of all-electric range on a single charge
- With WLTP-estimated energy consumption under 14 kWh/100 km, IONIQ 6 to be one of the most energy-efficient EVs in the market
- Mindful of passengers’ needs, IONIQ 6 to offer an ergonomic interior on a 2,950 mm wheelbase with purposeful features that elevate the electric mobility experience
- Dual Color Ambient Lighting with speed-synchronization, EV Performance Tune-up to enhance IONIQ 6’s personalized driving experience
- Hyundai Motor Group’s Electric-Global Modular Platform to enable 800-V ultra-fast charging from 10 to 80 percent in just 18 minutes
- Advanced driver assistance and Over-the-Air (OTA) software updates are available
- Hyundai to unveil IONIQ 6 digital world premiere film under ‘Awaken Your World’ concept
SOURCE | IMAGES: HYUNDAI.