Giro is launching a pair of new, compact commuter helmets featuring LED lights and turn signals remote controlled from the handlebars.
“Riding has always been a revolutionary mode of transportation, and that’s true today more than ever,” said Peter Nicholson, Giro Brand Manager. “Whether they’re riding an e-bike to the office, pedaling to the grocery store, or shuttling the kids to school on a cargo bike, more riders are mixing it up in traffic; and they can benefit from the added visibility and protection of the new Ethos Mips or Ethos Mips Shield.”
Both of the new Giro helmets feature integrated LED front white lights, rear red lights, and amber turn signals with 4 light modes, all of which can be controlled using what the company calls, “an intuitive handlebar remote.”
The helmets have a runtime of about 11 hours in its most conservative mode, and is rechargeable using a USB-C charger. Switching to “low solid” mode, and the estimated runtime is 5.5 hours, while high solid will run for 2.5 hours.
Other key features include:
- Integrated Mips® Brain Protection System
- Built-in front (white) and rear (red) LEDs
- 4 Light Modes
- Handlebar activated turn signals (amber/yellow)
- USB-C rechargeable
- The Ethos™ Mips® Shield features an adjustable, clear molded eye shield
- The Ethos™ Mips® features a TPU soft rubber waterproof brim
- In-mold construction for lighter helmet weight
- Deep coverage
- 12 vents and internal channeling
- Full hardbody coverage
- Quick-dry padding
- Reflective decals and webbing
SOURCE | IMAGES: GIRO.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. Learn more.