Hyundai Motor America achieves record-breaking sales in March and Q1 2023.
- Q1 total sales rose by 16%, setting a new record for the company.
- Q1 retail sales grew by 6%, and new records were set for Venue, Elantra N, Santa Fe HEV, Tucson, Tucson HEV, Santa Cruz, and Kona EV.
- In March, total sales jumped by 27%, marking the fifth consecutive month with a record total sales figure.
- March retail sales increased by 15%.
- Hyundai achieved all-time best-ever records for Santa Cruz and Santa Fe HEV in March.
Hyundai Motor America reported a total sales figure of 75,404 units in March, marking a 27% increase compared to the same month in 2022. This was also Hyundai’s best March in history, and the fifth consecutive month with a total monthly sales record. Hyundai’s impressive figures were led by various models, including the Venue, Elantra HEV, Tucson HEV, and Kona N.
These figures are a testament to Hyundai’s commitment to producing quality vehicles that are resonating with consumers. It’s clear that Hyundai has hit the sweet spot with its eco-friendly vehicles, with eco-friendly vehicle sales representing 17% of retail and a 20% year-over-year increase.
Hyundai has set new records for total and retail sales for several models in Q1 2023, including Venue, Elantra N, Santa Fe HEV, Tucson, Tucson HEV, Santa Cruz, and Kona EV. These records demonstrate Hyundai’s strong foothold in the market and the continued trust that consumers have in the brand.
Hyundai’s CEO, Randy Parker, stated that March 2023 will be a month to remember, and it certainly was. It’s clear that Hyundai has been focused on producing quality vehicles that cater to the changing needs of consumers. Hyundai’s sales figures are a testament to the brand’s commitment to producing vehicles that are both eco-friendly and stylish, while also offering cutting-edge features.
With the upcoming launch of the all-new Kona at the New York International Auto Show, Hyundai is showing no signs of slowing down. Hyundai’s sales figures for March and Q1 2023 demonstrate that the brand is on the right track, and we can expect to see even more exciting developments in the future.
Hyundai’s impressive sales figures in March 2023 demonstrate that the brand is a force to be reckoned with in the automotive industry. Hyundai has established itself as a brand that produces quality vehicles that cater to the needs of consumers, and with the upcoming launch of the all-new Kona, we can expect to see even more exciting developments in the future.
For more information, visit www.hyundainews.com.
March Total Sales Summary
|Mar-23||Mar-22||% Chg||YTD (Q1) 2023||YTD (Q1) 2022||% Chg|
Activities and News from March
- New Generation Sonata Elevates Midsize Sedan Segment: Hyundai Motor Company unveiled the eighth-generation midsize sedan Sonata featuring a new badge and the sportiest design ever.
- Santa Fe and Tucson Named 2023 Best Cars for Families by U.S. News & World Report: Two Hyundai models, the Santa Fe and Tucson, were awarded the Best 2-row SUV and Best Compact SUV for families, respectively, in the 2023 Best Cars for Families list by U.S. News & World Report.
- All-New Kona Accelerates Hyundai’s Electrification Vision: Hyundai Motor Company launched the all-new Kona, a B-SUV segment offering advanced safety and convenience features and class-leading range, with an all-electric variant (EV) leading the lineup.
- Hyundai Launches “Journeys” Portrait Series with Annie Leibovitz: Hyundai launched the second chapter of its “Journeys” creative marketing campaign, featuring a series of portraits and videos showcasing the inspiring stories of individuals.
- Hyundai Vehicles Named on ACEEE’s Greenest Vehicles List: The 2023 Hyundai Elantra Hybrid Blue, Sonata Hybrid Blue, and Kona Electric were recognized on the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy’s (ACEEE) Greenest Vehicles of 2023 list.
- Hyundai Offers Annual Women in STEM Scholarship: In celebration of International Women’s Day, Hyundai Motor America opened applications for its annual Hyundai Women in STEM Scholarship.
Model Total Sales
|Vehicles||Mar-23||Mar-22||% Chg||YTD (Q1) 2023||YTD (Q1) 2022||% Chg|
SOURCE | IMAGES: HYUNDAI
FTC: We use income-earning auto affiliate links. Learn more.