New Flagship Electrify America Indoor Charging Station Opens in San Francisco
Close this search box.

New Flagship Electrify America Indoor Charging Station Opens in San Francisco

Cars parked and charging at Electrify America Indoor Charging Station
  • The indoor charging station features 20 350-kW chargers and one CHAdeMO charger.
  • Electrify America included two temperature-controlled customer lounges with vending machines, workspaces, and complimentary Wi-Fi. 
  • The new station is open 24/7 and has round-the-clock security and monitoring. 

Electrify America is changing the way EV drivers charge their cars with a new flagship indoor charging station in San Francisco at 928 Harrison St. The flagship DC fast-charging network is two short blocks from the Bay Bridge in the South Market (SoMa) neighborhood. 


Premium Charging Destination with 20 Hyper-Fast Ports

The former warehouse space features over 15,000 square feet that is now dedicated to 20 hyper-fast 350-kW chargers and one CHAdeMO 50-kW charger. Drivers enter through a roll-up garage door on Harrison, near I-80 and the Fifth Street exit. The exterior features a boldly lit Electrify America sign and large windows showcasing the indoor comforts.

Customer Amenities and Nearby Conveniences

After plugging in, EV drivers can relax in the temperature-controlled lounge areas with food and beverage vending machines. A Whole Foods grocery store is an eight-minute walk away. The Electrify America charging station is also near a doggie day spa and several coffee shops and restaurants. The indoor charging station also has complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, restrooms, and baby-changing stations.

The flagship indoor charging station is designed to provide an exemplary customer experience. The Harrison Street flagship station is open 24/7 and has round-the-clock monitoring and security, and the lounge area has comfortable and stylish furniture. The indoor charging station already has a 5-star review on the Chargeway app, as an EV driver raved about the design and layout saying, “This is how EV charging stations should be.” 

Robert Barrosa, president and CEO of Electrify America said, “We’re committed to making EVs accessible to all, particularly in dense urban areas like San Francisco. Our expertise in building over 250 stations in California and more than 900 in North America uniquely positions us to bring high-quality charging infrastructure directly into communities where people live and work and support EV adoption across the state.” 


Filling the Need for Metropolitan EV Charging

The indoor charging station is the latest member of the flagship DC fast-charging network in California. Electrify America stations with 10 or more chargers are considered flagship stations, and the charging giant has one in Baker, California, and Santa Clara, California. These large stations are designed to meet the needs of the growing EV industry, and Electrify America plans to build more in other metro areas around the United States. 

This station and Electrify America locations in San Francisco are strategically located to help city dwellers who may not have access to a private garage or exterior space to install a personal EV charger. According to the U.S. Census, 38% of homes in San Francisco are owner-occupied, meaning that the remainder — 62% — are occupied by renters. Axios reported that San Francisco tops the country with EV sales. In fact, in March 2023, the Bay Area became the first major metropolitan area with EVs and hybrids comprising half of all new car registrations. 

Other DC Fast-Charging Stations in San Francisco

Most of the EV charging stations in San Francisco are Level 2 stations that require several hours to fill the average EV. Including the new indoor charging station, a few other DC fast-charging stations are scattered around San Francisco proper. 

EVgo has a DC fast-charging station near the Embarcadero at 350 Pacific Avenue, and Electrify America has another DC fast-charging station with three 350-kW chargers at the Safeway at 1335 Webster Street. Tesla drivers must travel across the Bay Bridge to access a pair of Tesla Superchargers in Emeryville at the Powell Street Plaza and the Public Market.



FTC: We use income-earning auto affiliate links. Learn more.



One Response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




Stacyc 16eDrive close up with young rider wearing read coveralls

Stacyc 16eDrive Reviewed: Best Electric Dirt Bike for a 6-Year-Old Boy?

AlloyGator Wheel Protectors group colors

Protect Your Wheels with AlloyGator Wheel Protectors: A New Level of Defense

Benefits of Electric Cars for Two-Car Families - Kia EV9 electric SUV at Electrify Expo

Benefits of Electric Cars for Two-Car Families

Ultimate Performance Machine