After making a name for itself with simple, accessible commuter bikes, State Bicycle Co. is coming for the affordable e-bike crown.
State is expanding its line of affordable, good-looking fixie and single-speed road and gravel bikes with the all-new 6061 model e-bike. The 60601 is a single-speed, aluminum-framed bike that offers a great pedelec (pedal-assist) experience, plenty of features, and slick styling for well under that all-important $2,000 mark.
“The 6061 keeps things simple, utilizing a single-speed drivetrain and a clear backlit display,” reads the company’s website. “A Class 1 LG-powered motor with up to 100 miles of range per charge powers the aluminum frame. With room for up to 40c tires and disc brakes, the 60601 eBike is ready to get you from point A to B no matter what the road conditions.”
Sounds good to us— what do you guys think? Is simplicity the key to a great e-bike experience, or are you looking for something with a few more creature comforts (or color choices!) than the 60601 currently offers? Scroll down to the comments and let us know.
State Bicycle Co. 60601 E-Bike Specs + Gallery
- Material: 6061 Aluminum Frame And Fork
- Brakes: 160mm Rotor Disc Brakes
- Tires: Kenda E-Bike 40c Tires
- Battery: LG 36V10Ah cell Lithium battery
- Motor: 36V – 250 Watt AKM rear brushless motor
- Speed: 20 mph limited (Class 1)
- Range: 18-24 miles (with level 5 assist) / >100 miles (with level 1 assist)
- Max Load: 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Charge Time: 3.5 Hours
- Weight: 38 lbs 13 oz (size M)
- Sizes: available in S, M, and L
- Warranty: State Bicycle Co. eBikes are backed by a 5-year frame warranty, 18-month warranty for motor, electronics, and battery, and 1-year warranty for other non-consumable parts. Details.